[New York] Can someone help? V worried

nicholas777

I filed for unemployment like two weeks ago and certified each week, I finally got around to getting myself verified with ID.me today (don’t ask why it took me this long). My first question is how long will it take to know if I am eligible and how much I get? Second question is will I be paid for the two weeks I certified for already even though I wasn’t verified. Thanks in advance guys.

@nicholas777 How long will it take to know if you are eligible depends on why the job ended and if anything needs to be reviewed from either you or your previous employer(s). If you did IDme today, assume no other issues from it, they wont get that until Monday.

In terms of the 2 weeks, remember 1 of those weeks is a waiting week so its not paid, you would know your claim is moving forward when you can see the waiting week being credited.

My concern is that part in your post about how much you will get. You should already know that answer, regardless of being eligible, you should have received a monetary determination letter saying what the benefit rate is and how they get to that number. Double check your mail. It would have come about a week after you applied.

@nicholas777 No, you should have received, at least, 3 things by this point, a letter saying to claim your waiting week between a specific date range, the letter saying what your benefit rate is, and, if idme was needed, a letter saying to go do it.

Did you file online? If so, what does your payment history say?

@georgiana I appreciate you helping me out friend, it says the start/effective date of my claim is the 12th of February which is right, but it says they are still determining the amount I will be receiving 🤷‍♀️