[New Jersey] I did not receive benefits I was owed for w/e 4/23, can NEVER get through on phone

norman70

I was able to speak to someone back in May and was told to go on the website and file a dispute, something to that effect. There is nowhere on the site that I can find which enables me to dispute anything. Does anyone have any tips for this? I’d appreciate it.

@norman70 Hi

Yes, here, under the FAQ link "How to Appeal"
Regarding this part

I was able to speak to someone back in May and was told to go on the website and file a dispute

The top of this website says:

Code:
A determination becomes final unless a written appeal is filed within seven calendar days after delivery or within ten calendar days after the mailing of the determination.

So, it may be too late to file an appeal, sorry.

[sup]Other information related to New Jersey and general information and processes is available in the [Roadmap]( [/sup])

@juan9080 There’s nothing to appeal, though. I have an ongoing claim that I use when necessary, as the nature of my job requires me to do so during holidays (this was for spring break). I claimed as normal and got the email that said to expect the funds in my account within 2 business days, etc. but then never received anything. I thought this was due to me not having completed the ID.me but then I did that and still nothing changed.

@norman70 Got it okay, when you said the word dispute...

was able to speak to someone back in May and was told to go on the website and file a dispute

I assumed that you were talking about an appeal because different states use the word appeal or protest and people will talk about those colloquially saying "dispute"

So you have an active claim and you are expecting payment but there is something holding up the payment and it has taken a long time and you have found that calling is unsuccessful; happily, there is a solution for this, to start and follow up on an escalation weekly to force them to process the data in a more timely fashion.

This is because no State publishes or abides by minimum / maximum / average / current processing times for any kinds of submissions or applications, even an active claim that became inactive and was restarted is still governed by this lack of transparency and customer service and calling not only does not cause an expedited resolution but it does not even obtain an ETA of resolution. The only proven solution is to start and follow up weekly (to let them know if there has or has not been any communication on the resolution) on an escalation to a representative or legislator.

See here: