New credit card suggestions

outline

So I just cleared up all my credit from savings. My old credit card gives me nothing of value. I want a new one to make purchases on and pay off each use. Travel points or anything I can use to redeem travel would be good. Im also starting a new buisness venture and could use the card for buisness purchases to rake in the points. Also open to a personal card with a separate buisness card. Any good deals floating around?

@outline My suggestion right now : Get the cheapest cellphone plan you can get from Rogers or Fido (find a promotion).

Then get the Rogers MasterCard.

3% back on EVERYTHING (until your bill is paid in full, then 2%)
No annual fee
No minimum spend required

@discipleofchristjesus100 Think I’ll do both tbh. One for the buisness as a buisness td aeroplan and then cobalt for my day to day. Based on a few posted I found but mostly this one…

“The first year value is only about the value of the sign up bonus. In which case yes, TD AP VI has a higher bonus, but that's because it's a much worse card and people who know what they're doing use it until they get the sign up bonus and only use it as a backup afterwards. Also, many cobalt users get both, since the two cards have great synergy, cobalt for aeroplan points generation, and td ap vi for air canada and aeroplan perks.

To illustrate why, compared the earn rates of the two cards. Note that Amex MR can be transferred to aeroplan 1:1 which means the two cards earn the same points.

TD AP VI earns a maximum of 1.5x Aeroplan points on gas, groceries, and Air Canada purchases, and 1x everything else.

Meanwhile amex cobalt earns a maxmimum of 5x aeroplan points on groceries and all food and drinks, 3x AP points on streaming, 2x on all travel spending, gas, and transit, and 1x everything else. It's not even close.

People who have the cobalt often also get the TD AP VI because holding any aeroplan card gives the aeroplan account a 5-12% discount on aeroplan points flight redemptions and never expiring AP points, while the VI tier also gives free checked bags and insurance when flying on aeroplan points flights.