Need to park some money over 4 years

teressap1

I need to park around 100k over the next 4 years (to pay off a home loan).

I have 15k right now and will save the rest over the next 4 years.
Would you recommend using fixed term deposits?
Currently in my country there are 6 month fixed term deposits of 3.4%, 1 year fixed term deposts of 3.5% and 3 year fixed term deposits of 3.6%.

@sandy33 Loan is fixed @1.75% for 5 years after 5 years goes up to 2.75% but my plan is to pay it off in 5 years and buy another rental (since loan interest rates are so low)

@teressap1 You could open up an account with a broker (I'm using DEGIRO) andput that money into a so-called money market fund like Xtrackers II EUR overnight rate swap UCITS ETF 1c.

It's apparently a very safe place to put your money, it's instantly (well, within a few days) available and gives a 3,9% return at the moment.

@gen00 Yes. Loan is fixed @1.75% for 5 years then variable at 2.75%. But plan is to pay it off in 5 years and get another loan to buy another rental (since interest rate is so low)

@teressap1 Currently you get 5+ % interest on USD. But then of course you have some currency exchange rate risk. You could hedge against that with some forex....

Otherwise, I think you can get 3.5% without fixed term, 3.64 % on Euro at wise at the moment.

@teressap1 You might laugh but I would put at least 50% in Bitcoin. Our only certainty is inflation, no way around massive spending and more and more programs.

@missust with governments trying to clamp down on crypto, the risk of an exchange being hacked, and so on, i think this is actually relatively high risk compared to the other options mentioned.

@teressap1 Bonds for the near guaranteed interest, broad market index fund if you want more risk and a higher potential upside.

US t-bills are around 5% now, which is really good.
If you want more risk I'd go a split between EQQQ (nasdaq 100 index) and MEUD (euro stoxx 600 index).