Need help with Homeowner insurance

bethlinn

Hi all. Recently purchased a home and we purchased that new homebuyer insurance that included coverage for the A/C unit. Lo and behold, the compressor went out, and they're working on covering that. Here's the part I'm having an issue with:

The evaporator coil is not compatible with any compressor they can put on it. The compressor is 4 tons, and the evaporator coil is 5 tons (the discrepency was intentional at the time, that size would make the A/C work more efficiently). They can't just drop in a 5 ton compressor either because the furnace is 4 tons, causing a severe mismatch. The repairman mentioned they are likely going to push hard to not cover the evaporator coil. What are my options? I paid for the service, and I definitely feel if part of the system goes out and they should replace any parts in order to make the system operational again.

Edit:

Adding this info in. I'm in California, and here is the sample warranty coverage we purchased. Comments are correct, I meant home warranty, not insurance.

https://f.hubspotusercontent10.net/...6_1PDFs/Brochures/CA_6_1_CRES_13_Brochure.pdf