Need help finding lower insurance rates b/c current one is not sustainable

northee

As the title states, I am paying too much for car insurance right now ($316 a month) and need resources or recommendations or tips to work towards finding lower rates.

For context, I am located in the state of New Jersey and my US License is very fresh (a month old). I have used my international license (which is about 2-3 years old) to drive until a month ago. I very recently bought a 2020 Santa Fe with 35k miles. I have tried apps like Jerry and a couple more websites but have either not been able to get a quote at all or it is not lower than the current one. I am a 22 years old male.

Thank you to everyone who replies, I appreciate your help.

@thewordiswisdom You’re telling me that only insurance agents can find lower rates for me and I cannot find them for myself? Do I need to be in possession of a insurance agent license to access online resources or simple strategies? What are they doing to find me lower rates that I cannot do myself?

@northee I didn't tell you that at all. An independent agent has access to DOZENS of carriers. They input your information to their software, and they get quotes back in seconds.

You can get quotes on your own 100%. You don't need them. The big difference is they can do it in seconds what it would take you hours to do since you would need to input your information into each separate carrier's system.

So it's completely up to you how to get quotes. It's just that one way is faster than the other.

@northee I assume you have comprehensive and collision because it is a newer vehicle? In my experience, that's a pretty decent rate for a younger male that many companies are going to consider a new driver (since they can't verify your driving history) on a newer car in NJ.