Need help concerning the legitimacy of the following insurance companies

godonz

I recently joined a brokerage and I don't want to sell insurance to people and screw them over in the long run. I don't know much about our carrier partners, so I'm hoping people that have had experience with these companies might be able to provide some insight.
  1. Silac Insurance Company
  2. North American (Sammons)
  3. F&G Annuities and Life
  4. Mutual of Omaha
  5. Foresters Financial
  6. American National
  7. National Life Group
  8. AIG
  9. National Western
Any and all information is appreciated, thank you!!!

@ballerspicy2423 Well I'm not selling anything yet, I just started training last week and I thought I could get some insight from people who were experienced, but apparently y'all aren't the helpful type. I'll figure it out on my own, thanks for the info about AIG.

@godonz I am an insurance agent I can tell you that the companies your brokerage company reps are legitimate companies. They have to be in order for them to sell products to consumers. The question to ask is which carrier to use for a given situation. That is something you will learn during training and as you go out into the world and learn about each carrier their products. It will take time and you should have a senior agent working with you as you learn about servicing your clients.

You should already know that Mutual of Omaha and AIG are legit as they are the biggest insurance companies in the country and have been around forever. Their name recognition is unparalleled.

I have worked for American National and they are great for group insurance products. I have an annuity with SILAC on the personal side. Foresters is great for life insurance as they are membership organization and offer non-insurance benefits not available at other insurance carriers. My company also reps North American and F&G for their annuities.

I hope this helps.