Need Help/Advice

jeffstarrunner1

A family member was in a self caused auto accident in July of this year. The car was taken to a body shop immediately and a claim submitted with Liberty Mutual that day. Within a week, we were told by the body shop that the car's manufacturer is "indefinitely" on hold making the said part required to fix the car. There is no timeline in sight and the insurance company is refusing to total the car. Meanwhile, the car is sitting at the body shop, and the rental cost have by now outweighed the value of the car. (2010 car) does anyone have any advice on this matter? My family member is at witts end... LM has been a nightmare to deal with and I can't understand why if they are being told by everyone across the US this part is not being made, why they won't total it? Help please

@jeffstarrunner1 Sounds like you have a lazy adjuster. Your claim got closed already awaiting parts so the adjuster doesn’t care about resolving it. Hire an attorney to represent you and watch how things move faster. (This only works when something wrong is being done, or the adjuster is “acting in bad faith” which is the only time I recommend dealing with a Scum bag attorney)