Need clarity for capital loss/gain and tax declaration while using Degiro in Germany

huffy

I am based in Germany and need to file my taxes from 2019-2023, which I believe I can do in one go. Over the years I have booked some capital losses and need to declare my capital gains, but come across different articles without proper answers. Have the following questions,

A. Can the transaction cost, currency exchange fees and interest on margin be used for deductions as they are kind of expense incurred while doing the business?

B. I have read about a holding period of 12 months on crypto post which there is no applicable tax. Is the same true for stocks and ETFs in Germany? How do you calculate it on Degiro?

C. Can anyone share a template or a good tax consultant who is well versed in English and can help avoid payment of huge taxes for expats?

D. Can the interest on personal loan also be offset as capital loss if that money is used for trading?

E. Since I have booked capital losses in 2021 and 2022, can I carry it forward in 2023 in one go?

Thanks 🙏

@huffy A: no they cannot as capital gains are treated different then other income so they cannot be seen as “werbungskosten”

B: No stocks/ETFs/savings are always taxed with 25% (+ Soli)

C: Take one who is close to you (where do you live?)

D: Not directly, there is a bucket system you can offset wins and losses only from the same bucket (e.g. losses and wins from ETFs, it’s a bit wider defined but you get the idea)

E: Yes you can take them to following years not just the next year

F: If you have capital income that is not taxed for you by your broker you are obliged to hand in a tax declaration until end of July the following year. If you don’t they might charge you interest of 0,15% per month!

Note: all this is only true if you are a natural person not a business entity

@jakelab Thanks Felix for the answer.
I am based in Munich.
For your answer to a, don't you deduct the exchange fee and the currency exchange fee from your profit on a transaction.
Like if a share is at 100, you pay 105(100+1+4) where 1 and 4 is currency exchange fee and 4 in exchange fee.
While you see it at 120, the sell exchange fee is 4 again.
So is your profit, 20 or 11?