Need advice on motorcycle accident claim

rami_1

Bike was fully insured in my name. I have title but hadn’t transferred into my name yet. I was in the hospital for several months (not related to accident ) it wasn’t being ridden,dmv appointment timeframes were several months out due to covid.
Husband wrecked bike, care flighted, minor injuries. Bike deemed a total loss.
File claim with insurance … adjuster tells me the bike has a salvaged title out of Tennessee (I’m in tx). I inform her the title I have doesn’t indicate that, it’s a clean blue Texas title.She gives me the total loss amounts for a non salvage of $7500 and if it’s a salvage it would be $3500. I inform her my intentions are to retain the vehicle .I send her a pic of the title I have , she tells me the value is 7500 based on the pic of title, but I need to get title transferred. I take to dmv and find out it is a salvage and the title I have , shouldn’t have been sent to previous owner because it should be a salvage title .so I give this info to the adjuster. She tells me they won’t pay the claim unless title is in my name and I can’t get in my name because of the title mess up.
I would have to get a non repairable title from Tennessee first .. huge hassle.
I try contacting her many times, she finally replies Several weeks later and says they can pay $800 minus my $500 deductible. She can do an owner retained vehicle and I keep it (like I already told her that’s what I wanted to do) report and won’t need me to send the title or need it in my name.
I I go back and forth with her asking why they can’t pay the salvage amount becasue it seems like she could do the same owner retained vehicle .

I also had a $5000 optional equipment rider. For like an upgraded stereo, or othe r upgrades … I ask her about this and ask several times for a valuation report . She says she doesn’t have to provide that to me..

I wanted to know what their 800$ calculation derived from..
i paid more than $800 in premiums for the policy..
I didn’t think they were able to provide a full coverage policy for salvaged vehicles.?
My daughter bought a car with salvage title and could not get full coverage insurance on it from the same company we had bike insured through.

They paid personal injury claim , they paid personal property after saying they needed receipts. after couple months arguing with them about purchasing from local online marketplaces and and not having receipts - they finally pay for a few of the personal items damaged. I think the total was 426$.

I don’t feel like they are handling my claim with good faith.. am I wrong?

I feel like they should pay the salvage amount she quoted me.

What are my options?

@rami_1 I don't see any bad faith. There's a very clear issue on the title, and you've acknowledged that. They can't pay you for something you don't legally own, and it's very debatable how much the bike was worth before the accident (but that disagreement is with whoever you bought the bike from since they seem to be the one that tricked the TX DMV).

But she does have to provide the valuation report. That's not optional. If she won't provide it or she's doing things you think aren't in your best interest, you can always escalate to a supervisor.

@davelew86 Thank you for your reply. I completely understand the owner/title issue. What I don’t understand is how is she able to offer anything ? Why couldn’t she do an owner retained at the salvage value she told me before the $800 offer? Isn’t that basically the same thing? I planned on keeping the bike to begin with, she knew that. Why/how would they have provided a service (full coverage policy) if they legally shouldn’t have provided on a salvaged vehicle ?

Her supervisor just tells me my adjuster will be contacting me…

I’ve asked for that valuation report several times and she tells me she doesn’t have to provide that to me.

Is there an insurance regulation that says they must?
I’ve searched but haven’t found anything on that yet.

Thanks again for your reply