jhonny7

Hello all, I’m an LLB graduate from UOL and I’ve been working in law firms for the last 3 or so years, but my CLP didn’t work out. Is there any advice that y’all can provide re career transition?

For context, I have one more paper to resit but it’s uncertain when that is and if I’ll pass the second time around. I wouldn’t mind working in pharmaceutical or f&b compliance work but I’m looking for career stability and progression.

Last take home was about 1.2k for part time work, at a KL based firm.

@jhonny7 I've heard of fair few law graduates who go on to work with companies like EY, pwc, Accenture, doing strategy consulting or even audit. You could explore those options, if you want to remain in the corporate/compliance world.

@resjudicata I wouldn’t mind research or even advertising but I’m not sure where to begin on those leads. I’ve applied to EY and PWC but it’s cold so far.

@jhonny7 I'm not able to comment on research or advertising as I don't know people who have gone down that route. But with consulting, I have heard that it's easier if you have someone who's already working in those companies who can refer you, alternatively to meet and speak to the companies at job fairs.

Good luck!

@jhonny7 Just apply for any entry level jobs that you think you can make impact in. People only think that their degrees need to match their careeers at the bottom level — once you get older, you’ll be able to see that a huge percentage of people don’t actually work in fields related to their education.

Also, I wouldn’t call this a career switch, given that your career hasn’t actually started yet.

@gtfox26 Have done so, but research work and admin work without certainty worries me, especially since I'm ambivalent about re-sitting papers.