My father had shares in Reliance

@rustyw I've submitted to IEPF on 31st May 2023... The SRN tracking status on mca site mentions as Pending For Approval/PAAO. When I checked inperson with KFin Tech, I have been told that IEPF process takes around 8-10months. KFinTech has no role to play once they forward the documents(IEPF Form 5) to IEPF(MCA) and we all know how fast government offices work.

@roguefriar Her dad bought it before 2015 ( I don't know how early but IF I count it as 2015)

It's 450INR in 2015 and currently at 2500INR. So Even if he had bought a small amount it will be worth lakhs

@fiafabes Hi OP. please check for the broker with whom he had his demat account -DP ID. Brokers would most likely be a bank. If not you will need to be additionally careful in your dealings. Another issue you may have is if your father did not demat the shares. Google up to check how you can get more info.

Try to figure out how many shares are there. If the total value justifies the effort and expense - go for it, else just let it be.

Thing to watch out, Reliance is known for issuing bonus shares, so you need to check for the current count of shares.

@fiafabes Her dad bought it before 2015 ( I don't know how early but IF I count it as 2015)

It's 450INR in 2015 and currently at 2500INR. So Even if he had bought a small amount it will be worth lakhs

@fiafabes Contact a small broker (not institutions) who do this kind of deals. They typically charge 5-10% of the total amount for all the hassle. I believe it is best to leave it to the professionals when you have no clue
Let me know if you need any help