My car was written off will taking my BOI mortgage savings account be wise?

startender

I'm now stuck without a car and unable to get to work about a month ago I was in a rear-end car accident where another driver crashed into my vehicle and he was at fault. I only purchased the Car 4 months ago with the help of a small loan but now I'm back on the dreaded Irish rip-off car market.

I received a couple of hundred euros more than what I paid for the vehicle from the insurance company and have had many heated phone calls as the original offer they provided me was about 1000 euros less than I purchased while there were cars of similar spec and milage for almost 1000 euros more then I purchased on donedeal.

So having taken their offer for the write value I've to go to purchase a vehicle, unfortutuantly the body type of car I want to purchase is non-existent in Ireland these days, Everything is a big stupid SUV it seems and my insurance won't offer me insurance on anything imported.

I've the guts of a mortgage saved now which hopefully I'll get in the next 18 months. but now I'm faced with being forced to buy a car with a small amount of my savings but still.

on top of all this, it was my first car of only 4 months previously I was driving a family member's car and had just gotten off my N Plates so my insurance is going to be nuts even tho its not my fault, Ive to pay 20 euro to E toll pay zone scam cause my car got taken away with the fob in it and since I can't return it they charge you (how to kick a man while they're down).

I Fucking hate buying cars, I am a car person I hate buying my own car cause A I don't have the money for the thing I want B they don't sell it here or It costs the value of the car in VRT and C you've to deal with insurance company people who couldn't Difference between an MPV, A Estate and a Hatchback.

So basically I've four questions

- how bad will it be if I take out about 4 grand from my BOI mortgage savings account?

- how do I get my insurance to let insure an imported car

- how do not kill my mother while I've to ask for a lift to look at cars.

@startender Mortgage Broker here. They only look at 6 months statements so barring the fact you’re gonna be setting yourself back saving wise you’d have nothing to worry about.

Even if you were applying within 6 months and needed to buy a new car, it wouldn’t count against you for repayment capacity as it’s a once off purchase. Provided you still had enough for deposit it wouldn’t be an issue. Just hang onto receipts and documentation.

I’ve seen a lad by a Rolex in the 6 months before his mortgage, he still had enough funds for a deposit and they still gave him mortgage. Don’t be worrying

Mortgage_mate over on instagram if ya want to speak more

@startender I definitely could be wrong but I think they go back 6-12 months of your accounts. So if it’s at least 18 months away they won’t be aware of this withdrawal.

@4gzus 6 months 90% of the time, 9 maybe 9% of the time and 12 in very rare circumstances, never beyond that so ya

Edit: unless self employed

@startender I have N plates and got insured on an imported car with no issue. It wasn't even brought up and there wasn't a difference in price that I noticed between import vs Irish car

@startender
I purchased while there were cars of similar spec and milage for almost 1000 euros more then I purchased on donedeal.

When I had a claim, I was offered by my insurer that they would either pay out or buy the same make and model spec privately for me. So I think you could have gotten them to pay out what was needed to get the equivalent.