My BDO home loan interest rate jumped from 5.88% to a whopping 9.8%

@user94 Our 5-yr fixed rate of 5.88% from RCBC ended last January and we were initially given a re-priced 9% interest for one year. We negotiated it down (at a fee) to 8% fixed for the last 5 years of the loan.

@user94 My advise OP is to:
A. refin with Pag.Ibig. Get a low rate and have it fixed for a longer loan term.
Downside naman sa pag.ibig is super hassle ang process from loan application to loan release. Then, madaming fees from docs stamps to notarial, appraisal ng property, including registry of deeds fee.
Ang ala ko, the don't have what other banks call field support, so ikaw talaga lalakad ng papers mo.
B. To negotiate with BDO for a lower rate. Or, (same with BPI) if you are a preferred client, maybe they can give you a competitive or combat rate that would make you stay with them.

@user94 My previous loan in rcbc is about 6% and after 3 years nagrepricing sya ng 9.5%. After i called them they told me i can apply for reduction pero may bayad na 2500php (one time) from 9.5% naging 9% parang hindi makatarungan. Pls. Ano po gagawin na mas lalong mapababa?