@tuk No problem....download yourself app called lively and you will have most of the important info handy there...its free and gives you a good overlook on the steps you need to take... Best of luck and take care

@lumpyspaceprincess This is a great timeline. I went sale agreed 3 weeks ago. Have everything in place except for contracts. Will be onto my solicitor again tomorrow and then again next week, but if still no contracts then I’ll have to contact estate agent to try put some pressure on the vendor.

The process is incredibly inefficient here, starting with the amount of personal details the lender needs in order to get a mortgage, all the way to contracts not being sent in a reasonable time 🤷‍♂️

@roadzombie Contracts has to be sent by vendor.... Go on to estate agent... Thats what i have done... I told them i would like to do it swift and efficient... I have money ready to go...and they started moving ..

@xiconexertoroyah I am sorry to hear... I guess some areas are easier to find house... I wrote down requirements and what i wish the house has... And based on that i went... As if you are in heat of looking and getting desperate we humans tend to make mistakes... So for me requierements>location - max 30 min from work drive . It opened up new perspective.... Take care and i really hope you find something sooner then later

@seek2bboldwitness Yes sir...2 bathrooms...on suite...untility room...private parking and 0.3acre of land.fibre internet and water connected to mains.. I had to go quick for this reason only...i was pushing...calling and emailing constantly...vendor could ask for 250 easy and would get it... So i had to give them no room to think twice

@lumpyspaceprincess Managed 6 weeks and a day ourselves from paying booking deposit to receiving keys. Was always shocked hearing it takes 6-12 months for others!

Edit: actually 6 weeks to the day.

Booking deposit Jan 12th, keys Feb 23rd.

@lumpyspaceprincess Congratulations and thank you for this OP. What was your original proposed closing date ? I’m a similar situation and have been given the end of July as proposed closing date. We have all our ducks in a row and vendor wanted a quick sale so quietly optimistic that we can move quicker than that.