moomoo 6.8% p.a. savings rate

jaetii

Recently deposited my emergency funds into their latest offering.

Its probably higher than the rate from the big 4 banks as far as I can recall.

Anyone else onto it?

@jaetii “Moomoo AU is not a bank and the Cash Plus program is not a bank deposit.
Clients who wish to participate in the Cash Plus program must first provide their standing instructions and consent to the Investment of Client Money Agreement relating to the USD cash management arrangements”

… sounds ominous to me.

@jaetii I’ve just opened one. I’m comfortable with their T&C’s. The bsb is HSBC. So it’s being held in a trust there. Can withdraw anytime the entire balance. There’s no daily limit so I can withdraw $100k anytime. The company looks well capitalized on the nasdaq and performing well as a business.

@jaetii It’s a 6 month offer so you didn’t leave it there for 6 months? Was there any delay with paying to your regular bank?

4.9% at ANZ Plus?

I like how the account you transferred funds in from is auto added as the account to withdraw to.

@jaetii I'm not denying you can get higher rates with moomoo than with a bank.

As I said, moomoo is a higher risk investment. If moomoo goes belly-up, your savings are gone. If an Australian bank goes belly-up (highly unlikely), your savings (up to $250k) are guaranteed by the federal government.