[Michigan] Y’all. For the love of everything good in the world - W T F AM I SUPPOSED TO DO!? (Stop Payment Indicator, etc.)

I certified on Monday, and like so many others noticed on Tues/Wed that there was a Stop Payment Indicator message in my certifications tab. Eventually received the email about fraud/uploading documents, etc.—you know the story.

I’ve been calling over and over and over every hour that their lines are open, trying every conceivable trick I can think of to fool the phones into thinking that I need to file a new claim or talk to someone. No luck at all. The furthest I’ve ever made is entering a bogus Soc sec # after which I get the “Due to unusually heave call volume...” message and then I’m booted.

I’ve emailed multiple people including the Samuel Johnson address that’s been circulating here—from which I did get a reply finally, but it just said to check my email for instructions about uploading documents.

I’m at the end of my sanity here. I’ve done nothing wrong, yet have been cut off from my benefits. I haven’t received whatever form they need via usps and have uploaded my DL and Soc Sec scans (which they should already have from my initial filing anyway) and it is IMPOSSIBLE to reach anyone at UIA.

Rent and bills are due. I was slowly paying back money I initially borrowed in the early days of all of this... and now I feel like I’ve been left in the dust without any light at the end of the tunnel. If anyone has any leads on how to proceed here, please advise.

I don’t know what to do.

I know many of you are in the same situation here, but I’m not seeing the high volumes of posts about it that i was seeing when this initially hit earlier this week. Are some of you making progress?

In dire straits here and need any sort of concrete guidance that anyone has to offer. I feel like I’m losing my f’ing marbles.

@kevintolsmachristchurch Many states have waived work search requirements until now but are now starting to enforce them again. It is recommended you do the virtual career workshops here they count as work search activities and you get a certificate after completing each workshop which you can print and save in your work search folder for that week. It's all done online so no exposure to COVID-19. If you are ever audited you will have proof that you were serious about performing work search efforts

@mspinky10 I mean, I would really hope not. Without knowing what is triggering whatever red flags there are, it’s hard to say though.

Keep the replies to this post handy just in case, but hopefully they’re realizing how much of a problem this is for so many people and are refining the system in some way.

@kevintolsmachristchurch It took me 380 calls yesterday to finally get someone and here's what I did:

Call 1-866-500-0017

Don't have to listen to the prompts, dial 9-1-1-1 and if it says "due to..." Hang up, if it says "given the..." Then you got past the first step

After that hit the * key 3 times till it asks for social, I didn't do the 010101010 because I think they caught on do a random one like I did, I put 747474747 and it worked, if it asks for pin and birthdate after that I hang up when it asks that because I think it means they caught you and I got that part about 15 times so gave up. You want it to go immediately to asking you questions about race, gender, and education level, you can answer but I was able to skip a few.

Listen to the terms and agreements and hit 1 once its done, you'll be put on hold for an agent and surprisingly i only waited like 2 minutes lol.

Before calling make sure you sent the required documents through the messages on miwam otherwise they'll tell you to do that than call back. I got a good rep but if you get one that says they cant do anything even after you submitted documents try asking for another agent luckily i didn't have to.

Answer all the reps questions after about 5 minutes they'll approve you and the payment will arrive in 1-3 days, mine is saying June 1st I assume for the weekend.

If I'm forgetting anything I'll let you know but this is what I did to get through. Started calling at 8am took a few breaks got in at like 4:15pm eventually haha

Good luck and I hope this helps!

@guitarguy12 Yo we're trying this on my end, we're actually getting somewhere but its taking so many calls. We get to "given high call volumes" and hit *** and then put in a random social, but we haven't gotten to a point where it asks us our race/gender. It just asks for our birthday or tells us it can't help with a PUA claim, is that something you've hit?

@guitarguy12 Bless you! I started calling a couple mins before 8am, got through the prompts with demographics after 10-15 mins of attempts and was then put on hold for an agent for 1.5 hours before someone picked up. I had an Open-non monetary issue (fact finding SSA ID verification) on my account and the agent said she's going to push it forward for me after she verified who I was (asked for SSN, name, and address - all my other docs (driver license, SS card, and Passport card) were already uploaded. Seriously, thank you so much for your help!

tl;dr THIS WORKS