[Massachusetts] HELP....I just certified for last week and I don't understand what's happening

lucyrobb465

I just certified for last week (w/e 3/20/21). I have 3 weeks left on PEUC with a balance of $1611. After I certified a screen came up that I certified for a CONTINUOUS CLAIM. The status of the paymen in on hold with no amounts. No benefit amount and not payment amounts. Is this happening to anyone else? Last week I had to call 8 times to get payment and it was 2 days delayed. I need help if anyone knows what's happening or is having the same problem.

@rd0845336 I just saw it. Nothing is making any sense but it all seems to be related to that fact that a lot of our BYE were last week. I saw them doing maintainance on Wednesday night and the next day I saw my payment processed. But this is the first week with nothing populated in amounts and it says "no payment" in "issued payment status". More calls this week to DUA and hopefully I can get an agent who can explain this to me.

@nicolelucy I have just been on a couple of Facebook public discussion sites and consensus is that the "hold" status may be to the implementation of the American Rescue Plan. I thought MA had implemented it but it seems that was not true and that's why 3/14-3/20 being the first week of the extension we have been put on "hold" Look at this Facebook group. (20+) Unofficial Unemployment Massachusetts Information and Help | Facebook

You may have to search but there are others who are having our problem.

@lucyrobb465 Interesting!! The person on the phone last week told me I’d probably be on hold AGAIN for identity verification. I’m going to call tomorrow to double check the status now that they have a call waiting lol

@nicolelucy I was on hold last week for the identity identification. That was the reason the agent gave me for last week's hold. I just hope this is not going to become a weekly event for the remainder of time I have to claim unemployment. Please God that my job will call me back soon.

@nicolelucy My boss got the first PPP Loan and called us back for 7 weeks but I am a travel agent and he called us back last spring when the virus was surging and travel really stopped. Problem for him was he had to use the money by June 30 or pay interest. So he spent it on payroll and anything else allowed then furloughed us again. So I did have to start a new claim last week at they knew I had worked because he had to report it. So now why does he have to verify that I am still on furlough if they already know I worked
a bit in 2020?