Manulife Affluence Builder - Paying for 2,700++ monthly for the last 12 years and 76 years to go???

corinthian17

Hi, early in my career (2012) I was offered a Manulife affluence builder policy which I didn't mind and understand back then but I know I had to start somewhere so I got it. I am paying 2700++ monthly for the past 12 years but checking my accidental health benefit and enhanced critical illness rider, they are only worth 155k, whereas someone I know pays 1600 a month and only has to pay 10 years got a 600K for both accidental death and critical illness rider. I understand that we should look past the investment part and think about the insurance part but 155,000 only.

I know I am screwed (or am I not?) but how much screwed I am?? . If I pull out the fund, Will i be able to get the total fund value that is showing in the online portal?

What are my options? Should I withdraw everything (I am okay if I am at a loss) and get a simpler term insurance?

Do I really need to pay for the next 76 years until I am allowed to withdraw the fund? How come I got 76 years while others are only up to 10?

TIA

I dont know why r / ph invest keeps on deleting my post :(

@corinthian17 Hi. If you need advice sa plan mo. I can help you out..I can explain it to you properly so you can make adjustment if needed.. dont worry I will not sell you anything :) just want to help

@corinthian17 Hi OP, sorry for riding on your thread. I also have affluence builder and I am also thinking about discontinuing it. I actually did not understand as well how long I needed to pay for this insurance and with all the riders, the amount of funds is so little even after 5 year. So I am not sure if the funds can pay for the plan even after paying for 20 yrs.

Did you continued your plan or cancelled it entirely?