Malaysia's MIDF To Launch Retail Digital Platform For U.S. Stocks

@setst777 Hmm they use Saxo Bank as clearing house. Ok that is a nope for me. At least IBKR and TD Ameritrade offer their own clearing and better trade execution. But unless you trade actively, you don't have to worry about it.

It is like giving money to MIDF to invest for us based on the order instruction. There might be problems if you are trying to day trade volatile meme stocks

@setst777 From a quick glance, there is Custody fee at 0.06% on daily portfolio value, charged daily. Also commission is min 4USD to a max of 100USD, calculated at 0.06% for share price > 10USD, and 0.01USD/share is share price < 10USD. 2x the commission of IBKR TSG/Tiger Broker. But need to pay stamp duty to LHDN worrr. Fake news. Create account only they show real commission. 0.4% or 5USD minimum. Hrmmmmmm... Stamp duty summore kaaa

No mention of minimum deposit, at least I can't find it. Seems like there are none?

Dumb app dun let ppl take screenshot, so can't share here. Also seems to only be mobile only? Can't find the desktop browser link.

USD conversion is quite... lol.

First impression is the trading interface is quite clunky. It's basically a browser wrapper. The rest of the app is native.

There is a "Market Data provided by Saxo Bank" watermark at the bottom of the page.

@setst777 Although MIDF charges 0.4% brokerage fees, stamp duty as well as custodian fees, I think it may still be cheaper than funding TDAmeritrade/ IBKR. I did a rough check, the Transferwise fees could be already more than the what you are paying for MIDF.