I asked him to send it, he said he sent it mid January but I still don’t have it, and when I asked him to email it he didn’t respond. Is there a number I can call to file a complaint? Or any substitute of T4 I can get on my own? It was a small job I got for a few months only

@savedzeropointenergy If you're not able to find it on your My CRA Account, and he still refuses to give it to you by the tax deadline of April 30, you can use the YTD numbers on your last pay stub of the year to figure out most of the numbers that should be on your T4. The most important ones are your gross taxable income, your CPP contributions, your EI premiums, and the total amount of income tax that was withheld from your pay.

@savedzeropointenergy I'm not talking about cheques, I'm talking about your pay stub or pay slip. This is the document that explains the calculation of your pay. It shows your hours, your pay, any overtime, your deductions, etc. Did you work for the whole year and never wonder how your boss calculates your pay?

You can certainly complain to CRA if you like. Just call them up and explain the situation.

If you have no way to see your pay stubs and your complaints to CRA are unsuccessful, then you probably have no choice but to use your banking records to add up the total you were paid and report it on Line 10400 as "employment income not reported on a T4 slip".

@savedzeropointenergy The federal government provides all its services in both English and French.

Also, you should know that Quebec has its own income tax system as well, which is totally separate from CRA. There is a Quebec form equivalent to the T4 that you will need to file your Quebec provincial income tax return.