Looking for Help - 24 y/o w/ $28k unsecured debt with zero assets

@ratan No way around it.

Cut your spending, redirect your cash flow to paying off your high costing debt.

Look for ways to add additional income (wait tables, warehouse work, weekend jobs)

Don't file for bankruptcy

@ratan Dunno if you can save the $25k by 2022, but by the end of 2021 you should be out of debt. You'll have the $25k by the start of 2025.

If you want the $25k paid off by 2020 you need to come up with an extra $600 every month. Your budget looks reasonable, so I don't believe there is any room there for further cuts. That means you need a second job that pays you a minimum of $600 monthly after taxes.

@ratan I don't know anything about debt, but I know a thing or two about saving money. You can definitely lower your expenses further. Being able to put 1.4k a month on paying debt instead of just 1k would help a lot with paying off your debts. 400 dollars a month is 5k a year.

I spend 120 dollars a month on groceries and I don't buy cheap stuff, I only eat animal products. Start eating rice/beans/lentils (bought dry, in a bag) with just a bit of fancy stuff to create taste and variety (you can add spices, eggs, bits of meat, a little cream) and you can eat for 60 dollars a month. Don't eat out, ever, unless it's a really important social function.

65 a month for a phone is acceptable if you really need it that much (I know a lot of people use it constantly for social interaction), but if you don't, you can reduce that to 9 or 10 dollars a month using a prepaid flip phone.

Two haircuts a month is a lot. If you're male and this badly in debt, you should probably just buy a clipper and trim your hair yourself. I haven't paid for a haircut in 15 years and never will again.

20 a month (240 a year) for household goods sounds like a lot, too. I must spend around 60 a year. You can probably easily reduce that to 10 a month or less.

You're in debt. Debt is serious shit. Make a few sacrifices. Totally worth it in the long run.