Looking for advice on my Investing Decisions and Portfolio

dallila

Hi guys,

For the past few years, I've been struggling with paralysis of analysis when it comes to Investing. I've spent a lot of time looking into which investments would best suit me, but the more I research, the more confused I become. All in all, I have yet to invest a decent chunk of my savings (I only have a small amount invested in blue chip stocks like Apple, Microsoft, Alphabet, etc.).

I've been reading several posts on r/Bogleheads, r/BEFire, and r/eupersonalfinance and I'm steering towards a personal investing approach. Based on what I've read, I'm looking at the following accumulating UCITS ETFs as the core of my Portfolio:
  1. VWCE (Vanguard FTSE All-World UCITS ETF (USD) Accumulating)
  2. IWDA (iShares Core MSCI World UCITS ETF USD (Acc))
  3. CSPX (iShares Core S&P 500 UCITS ETF (Acc))
  4. EMIM (iShares Core MSCI Emerging Markets IMI UCITS ETF (Acc))
I'd want to either focus on one of these 100% or invest in a mix of these. I've read that the general consensus in several Reddit threads is VWCE and chill, while others like to go for 88/12 IWDA: EMIM so they have a little more control over their developed: emerging market investment ratio. I don't have much love for emerging markets, except for perhaps India. So that's why I'm also considering investing some small portion of my investments (10-20% into either EXCH (iShares MSCI EM ex-China UCITS ETF USD (Acc)) so I get some emerging markets exposure without China or going for an Indian ETF such as FLXI (Franklin FTSE India UCITS ETF). The fund value for this ETF isn't too high compared to NDIA (iShares MSCI India UCITS ETF USD (Acc)), but the TER for FLXI is 0.19% pa while for NDIA it's 0.65% pa, hence why I'm favoring FLXI.

With the India-only option, I'd be missing out on other potential emerging markets like Taiwan, and I've had some good gains with TSMC in the past, so I'm not sure whether to take this route. But I don't have enough knowledge of the trajectory of Taiwan, nor any of the other Emerging markets to make an educated decision.

I also believe that the US will continue to do well so I am also considering investing some % into the CSPX.

For some context, I am a 25-year-old expat living in Poland and I have a Brokerage account with IBKR. I visit India regularly and I see that it's growing quite rapidly, hence my curiosity about an Indian ETF.

Another concern is the denomination currency of the ETF that I end up deciding on. I earn my salary in Polish Zloty and I have the choice now of whether to convert to EUR or USD for my Investments. I do not know where I will be 10+ years from now (nor even 5 years from now). From what I've read, I understand that the denomination currency of the fund doesn't matter, and what matters is the currency risk between my home currency and the currency of the underlying asset. However, since I don't even know whether I'll be in Poland in the next 5-10 years, the currency fluctuations with the PLN/EUR or PLN/USD are less important to me. All in all, I am confused about deciding which currency to invest in. I may end up in a different country within Europe or even India, or who knows where.

Overall, I'm considering the following portfolios:
  1. 100% in VWCE
  2. 100% in IWDA
  3. 80-90% IWDA; 10-20% EMIM
  4. 80-90% IWDA; 10-20% EXCH
  5. 80-90% IWDA; 10-20% FLXI
  6. 70-80% VWCE; 20-30% CSPX (for more weighting towards the US market)
  7. 70-80% IWDA; 20-30% CSPX (for more weighting towards the US market)
This post has gotten a lot longer than I thought it would and I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read through my ramblings. All in all, I'd like to ask you guys at r/eupersonalfinance for some advice on what I should do. I don't want to be in the same position, with my money left uninvested years from now and I hope that with your guys' advice, I can properly and confidently start my investing journey.