Looking for a recommendation on a passive ETF

ericn

Here are my filters:
  1. Accumulating ETF
  2. Incorporated in the EU
  3. Passive
  4. World diversification
  5. 100% Equity
  6. As low fees as possible (I dont require full replication)
  7. My broker is IBKR
  8. Fund is purchasable in EUR

@sawsar Yes. They’re pretty similar, but I prefer the broader diversification of VWCE and prefer Vanguard to iShares. IWDA does have a sightly smaller TER.

@ericn You can input most of that into justetf, e.g. Equity, World, No Sectors, No theme, No Equity Strategy, Older than 1 year, Accumulating, Larger €100m, Unhedged.

World diversification usually means developed or developed + emerging markets (though there are other markets). If you want both DM+EM in one fund, look at the UCITS ETFs tracking MSCI ACWI, MSCI ACWI IMI, or FTSE All-World (FTSE Global All Cap is another choice, but only offered in an ESG variant thus not included in the filter above).

Assuming you're not looking for a currency hedged fund, you shouldn't care about fund ccy as the price development of the fund depends on the companies it holds, whose shares are in their respective currencies. You can usually trade a (ccy unhedged) UCITS ETF in several currencies (e.g. Vanguard FTSE All-World and iShares S&P 500 trade in USD, EUR, GBP, etc.), but all these different ccy tickers are for shares (of the same class) of the exact same fund (ISIN). Their price depends on current exchange rates to the reported NAV (which, depending on fund ccy, may be in USD, EUR, JPY, etc. but will still depend on the actual holdings). So, fund ccy doesn't matter much & trading ccy is just about convenience (and if one ccy stops being convenient, you can even convert your position, e.g. 100 shares of SXR8@Xetra in € to 100 shares of CSPX@LSE in $).

@jrchristian I did exactly that, the issue is that you still end up with a bunch of choices and I wanted to see what are the community picks. Still thank you for the extensive elaboration.