Looking for a better Pillar 3a (advisor says he needs info on Pillar 2)

missjlouise

I have my Pillar 3a through my bank and it has gained zero value beyond my own contributions (i.e., it has lost value due to inflation). I always max out my Pillar 3a. Where do people house Pillar 3a accounts that actually grow?

In an attempt to learn about alternatives, I asked for an appointment with my insurance company that offers Pillar 3a accounts. The person from the company told me to share my Pillar 2 information with him in preparation for the meeting. Why would they need that information? I just want to know whether they can do better with my Pillar 3a money.

I welcome answers to my Pillar 3a more generally and this specific case of the Pillar 2 paperwork in particular. Thanks!

@missjlouise I have mine at Finpension and have 14% returns since December 2020 when I moved to CH and opened the account.

It’s a set and forget 99% equity allocation mostly with US exposure replicating VTI that I top up every year the first week of January in a lump sum payment because I’m lazy.

@krikey What a coincidence, I'm lazy and using Finpension too!

I wish they would add the MWR performance on the start screen, like other apps, so that I don't have to make an extra touch on the "Vermögen" button on top.

But that's really the only negative thing I can say about them. They seem to invest well, and the costs are very low.

I am currently invested with True Wealth and FinPension. This year I'll probably use Viac to diversify some more.