dekaewaii

Hi guys, requesting your opinion which loan I should proceed for bike loan?

Context: I have been eyeing out MT-25 for my bike purchase. Shop applied both Aeon and Chilease?

Both are approved with 5 years tenure.

Which should I proceed for my loan?

Aeon
Higher rate but more established in term of payment method.

Chileas
Lower rate but not familiar with the brand or its services.

INFO:

Take home pay at roughly 5k.

I did go around to check with other option such as Personal loan from Bank (MayBank). Both also comes up with 8% p.a. interest with lower allowable loan amount (15k).

Currently for CC I have 2 of them rounding up to 8k limit, I did try to reach out with my bank for increment (at least 10k each but to no avail due young history of 6 month, paid full all of my monthly so far so should be clean)

Currently I have 15k savings but prefer not to burn all for a bike, whereas I am more comfortable to park elsewhere for security.

Buying a second-hand for MT-25 is quite a challenge as none is reachable in my area and I prefer to be able to conduct F2F inspection and to bring to mechanic.

MT-25 itself is a want i guess rather than a need.

INFO:

I am also planning mantain loan pay (~500 loan and 500 saving) to settle balance all at once by 2 years mark to get the rebate instead of 5 hears. I just worry in case of emergency I only have a baseline commitment of 500 to take care instead of stuck at 1000 monthly.

@dekaewaii Better take a credit card, and do a 0% instalment for the highest months offered.

Or personal loan from a bank. Assuming it’s 20k, you can finish the loan in 3 years.

@dekaewaii Buy with a credit card, then get a 2nd credit card and use it to withdraw money to pay the 1st credit card. Then get. 3rd credit card. Withdraw money from the 3rd credit card to pay the 2nd credit card.

@pshafer14 Does that trick still work? I thought bank negara has a database for credit cards now?

Unless if it's mandela effect. Sometimes i remember things that don't happen.