Just heard of the Simplefile by phone tax filing service. Is it safe?

Seems a bit sketchy to me, but it does sound easier. Tried using TurboTax last year, they claim my taxes got filed, but I never received anything, so I have doubts. Has anyone tried it? How do you get started?

@prodigalredeemed I've always used TurboTax - it's free as long as you have a simple return. I'm interested in Wealthsimple Tax as I love their investment platform, but stuck with what I know this year. Maybe next year lol

@mikesekurity That's what I tried last year. I thought I had them filed, but then I never got my return, or any of the government payments I was supposed to receive. I really don't want to, but it may be better to just go to H&R block at this point. I genuinely know nothing about taxes or government bureaucracy

@prodigalredeemed When you get through all of the questions on TurboTax you have to make sure you actually NetFile your return at the end of it(it prompts you to do this an it's still done through their website). I'm only assuming that you didn't do that last year.

Once they are filed, you should immediately get an expedited notice of assessment in your CRA account - at least I did. I can also see my return on the CRA website and what day I will receive it.

H&R block is a viable option, I just find them a little on the expensive side.

@prodigalredeemed CRA has a list of approved tax services. If you find it there then it should be ok. I never heard of them though so I would look elsewhere. I didn't check the CRA site though for the one you're asking about.