Just got my Origin post 1 July Pricing. 37.554¢ KWh(flat rate) [+7¢], 97.790¢ Daily [+9¢], 12¢ FiT [NSW, 2229]

sarahmarie1234

Although no one wants power prices to rise I can’t complain with mine.

If you’re in NSW 2229 check out Origin. I did some shopping around and even changed for two days to AGL but then they tried to slug me a demand charge then upped the daily to $1.29 after I asked what the post 1 July rates were after they said they got more info from my meter...Sure! Obviously not what they told me. I’ve got mates with Powershop. Old prices great but their new rates, not so much.
Origin has given me a 12c FiT with no 14kwh a day restriction too.

@janey84 The sign up bonus and % discount all apply but the rates will go up like everyone else’s. They seem to be a lower increase compared to other companies.

@jamesc837 Yeah, thanks - I signed up for the bonus anyway might as well ! And yeah they seem to have the lowest rate increases across the board that ive seen.

No contract so can't lose, I'll take the $150 sign up bonus then can change in a month or two if I want haha

@sarahmarie1234 Looking to change but cant get info on updated rates with no providers, so holding off for a little. My new Origin rates are similarly to what you have shared, but the FIT is only 7 cents...

@sarahmarie1234 After Origin informed me of the increased prices I went on their website and found a better deal than the one they were going to move me to.

35.299c KwH (flat rate) (+0.06c)
91.927c daily (+0.07c)
0.05c FIT (no change)

plus get $150 credit if we are still signed up with Origin come 1st July.

So, by my calcs the difference for 1 year is:
2,400kWh (our yearly usage) X 0.06c = $144
365 X 0.07c = $25.55
Less $150 credit
Total = $19.55

I was pretty happy with that given everything I've been reading recently.