Jump to 2 years contract in Oil n Gas, or remain at permanent office role?

@notaperfectchristian theres opportunity to be absorbed as permanent worker in that O&G, and potentially another bump in salary. bonuses in o&g are legendary. if me, i definitely take this 2 year contract and build my connections.

@notaperfectchristian Jump if you're not married yet. I have had stories similar to yours. Despite the fact that it is a contract position, I quit my permanent job to work for an MNC—a fairly large firm with millions of followers on LinkedIn LOL. And I just returned to a full-time position with other company. trip of 22–25 years old. My earning goes up to 300%. What you can't obtain anywhere is the worth of experiences and connections.

@notaperfectchristian dont expect contract will continue. Contract must be 2x more than permanent. Contract get no benefits, no EIS and you gotta do the other side of your own epf. No payslip? harder to get loan or harder to negotiate salary for new job. You get no claimables or tax reduction for business expense (like laptop to do work), you dont get provided with the tools of the trade, and you are held to a stricter standard. You will also be the first to go in any downsizing event.

Things people on contract never seem to consider.