@resjudicata I have a BSc in chemistry, and most labor jobs I have seen make more than what I have been offered since I graduated. $16-$23/hr is the general range for entry level jobs where a BSc in chemistry is required.

@amyperle I hope your long term prospects are good in that career field. Seems like going to school for that long, only to be paid less than a laborer, seems counter productive. But I have worked in the oilsands/ o&g for 18 years now, I have always been motivated by money, some folks value other things.

@amyperle OP, if I were you, I'd go on indeed and search jobs up in your field, in every province and territory, maybe there is somewhere paying more for your skills, in a market you haven't thought about yet. Or maybe you have already done all this. Is the oilsands an hourly wage, or salary? If hourly, you'll probably make double your Montreal wage, just by having the overtime, and option to work a few more days after your normal rotation

@overflow123 I have a BSc in chemistry and 3 years work experience. That's the highest paying job I have received any response from, let alone an offer. I asked for higher in my interview but they said $30 was the wage. Not from CNRL, but it is a smaller company up there.