ITR 1, 2 and 4 are available for e-filing

@thoughtlessdepth By this you mean that the option to 'Submit Online' is not available yet, right? So, I should wait for that since that is supposed to make things easier.

Sorry for the silly questions. First time!

@resjudicata Yeah it seems like most Form 16s are pending. But if you're working with your CA, they can start preparing the computation without the Form 16. Once the Form 16 is available it's a simple cross-verification.

@resjudicata Advantage is that your CA will spend more time on your Return and will probably thank you for starting early.

We actually did a thread on why it's a good idea to start early. Linking here - Why to file return early.

Yes. Deadline for FY 2019-20 is extended to 30 November. Lots of time in hand.

@pokerbob So I started a OPC Pvt LTD an year back for my infosec consultancy side gig. So If I want to withdraw money from that account and use it. Do I need to show it on my ITR? Which ITR I need to use?

PS - I have a guy who helped me with company formation, but he had a bad accident and in no condition to talk.

@disciple1997 Okay so a couple of things.

Assuming you are the only shareholder of the company. You must also be a director of the company I assume?

In that case you file ITR 2 for yourself and ITR 6 for the company.

Coming to the withdrawal, there's a couple of ways to do it -

One is you show it as a loan from the company to you. This isn't exactly 100% clean. You need to pass a special resolution etc and you'll have to show why this is a business loan and not a personal expense.

The correct official way of doing it is to pay it as dividend. This dividend would be taxable in your hands at slab rates (going forward, earlier there was a dividend distribution tax but let's not get into it you're looking at a future withdrawal).

@pokerbob Yes, I am the sole director of the company. My guy previously told me that I can just pass a resolution saying I will get XXX amount as dividend. Is this a proper process or do I need to hire someone to do the legal work?

@disciple1997 Since you're the sole shareholder and sole director it doesn't really matter. A simple resolution should suffice.

Amount is also okay assuming this is out of profits for the year after providing for depreciation.