Itemizing lost items

Hi. Lost a bunch of stuff and unfortunately have to itemize my personal property. How should I do this (which of these ways is best):
  1. “Sweatshirt - $89”
  2. “Patagonia sweatshirt - $89”
  3. “Patagonia P-6 Logo Uprisal Hoody - $89” or
  4. “Patagonia P-6 Logo Uprisal Hoody - $89, and include link to item”
What about where I can’t link to an item because it’s a previous year, would it make sense to say “similar to” and include a current link?

Thanks

@thejoyfulfollower
“Sweatshirt - $89” “Patagonia sweatshirt - $89” “Patagonia P-6 Logo Uprisal Hoody - $89” “Patagonia P-6 Logo Uprisal Hoody - $89, and include link to item”

Basically, yes.

What about where I can’t link to an item because it’s a previous year, would it make sense to say “similar to” and include a current link?

Also, yes. "Like kind and quality" are the keywords here.

@thejoyfulfollower Ask you claim handler. They may have a contents inventory form they prefer. Generally more details are better but if they will accept basic info, it will save you the extra work especially if that work isn't needed.

@thejoyfulfollower My adjuster was more than happy to "bulk" certain things and was not skeptical of my claimed brands or prices (your mileage may vary).

Option #2 is what I did for the most part, and it'd be something like
  • "5x Graphic tee from , $x each"
  • "4x Old Navy jeans, $x each"
  • "12x assorted boxer briefs, e.g., , $x each on average"
She was happy with all of these as long as I could provide a few representative photos. Don't create extra work for yourself up front, but be prepared to defend your claim if the adjuster asks.

For electronics, appliances, furniture, I generally got a lot more specific down the model.