Is there a service to automatically negotiate my subscriptions (e.g. Bell, Rogers)?

@magdaleenmeyer I haven't heard of any services that can do the negotiation for you (unless you hire a personal assistant of some kind). I think there would be value in a website or app that compares the various plans and prices from different providers though to make shopping easier.

@erb Yes, they will. I've done it for years and they are better deals than I was ever offered over the phone. You can contact both Facebook and Twitter and get different prices and go with the lowest. Also, when they inevitably get your first bill wrong after promising something was free and charging you anyways, you have a record of your conversation and it doesn't take another long phone call to get it fixed.

@reggie1955 They don't have access to the best pricing in their system. First level customer support by phone and chat have access to their worst pricing. They can transfer you to retentions/loyalty to access better rates and account credits but their best offerings can only be accessed by their winback teams.

It'll depend on where you are, but for a home internet connection you can expect $60/mo for a 1.5 Gbps from first level agents, $50-55/mo from retentions, and $40-45/mo from Winback.

@magdaleenmeyer Though it does not answer the question directly, I'd suggest going with alternatives to the large incumbents for things like mobility and Internet. I played the game of threatening to leave without a match for years and came to the realization I'd rather not give them one cent if it means begging.

For example, in Metro Vancouver you can go with Telus or Rogers (formerly Shaw) for Internet and get locked in for 2+ years to get an OK rate that is guaranteed to go up if you roll the term over, or go with Novus to get a better rate with no contract. Which options you have, specifically, will vary, but in major urban centres there are almost always alternatives to the big players that don't reward loyalty with rate holds, but rather rate hikes.