@westmedsupply Putting aside the US Vs International debate, I invest in USD denominated equities cause I believe in the companies and I want to hedge against the ringgit. If the ringgit depreciates at least I'm invested in USD. If the ringgit strengthens against the USD then I can buy more US equities per ringgit. On the other hand my potential future earnings are all most likely in ringgit so holding all USD (given I'm still young and far from retirement and have little RM denominated commitments) is something I'm okay with

@westmedsupply u started in 2021, which means u havent experienced a down cycle yet. Maybe read up on the previous crashes and understand what kinds of exposure/risks in the current portfolio. That will answer where you should start looking.

u should read up where people move money in recessions. the typical opposite to equities is bonds but that has its own characteristics as well.

investing in single markets is not necessarily an issue but perhaps being invested in a single asset class from a single market is concentrating your risks.

@westmedsupply Isn't lost decades a Japan phenomenon?

I think you already have exposure to Malaysia. EPF and the likes. If you are afraid, try to get into other financial instrument not related to stock. US market movement tends to reverberate across all other markets. Perhaps some bond or country specific REIT.

Me, I am sticking with US market.

@westmedsupply I think usa still play with special rules as the de facto center of global economy until China really challenge USA and split the world into 2, and I dont think that shift will happen peacefully