Is it worth it to move back home while working on going back to school for a career pivot?

@onlookerdelay I see this as a mutually beneficial arrangement. You get education and save money while your mom gets some funds from you that will help her out as well. I know in the US multigenerational living is frowned upon for some reason but it’s perfectly normal in many other cultures.

@confused71f3 Thanks! That’s true, I can’t keep doing the same
Thing, and expecting things to get better. When I first got my job it was sufficient for self living but as COL has increased and my income has been stagnant; the situation is only forecasted to get worse

@onlookerdelay I moved back home (I’m 27) to save to move and pay off debt and while I kinda hate it and it bruised my ego a lil bit, it’s totally worth it. and I’m helping my parents out with paying some rent so yeah. I say do it.

@onlookerdelay I would. I'm in my 40s, divorced, kids, bought my first home at 24, have owned 2. College degree, gainfully employed throughout my career. Hardly spend any money. Zero debt. No car payment. Literally I drive a 12 year old car with 200k miles I've had for 10 years and will keep it until I don't need to drive any more. Stuck renting now.

Stuck renting now, don't see how I'll ever retire. Would move into a dog house if that would solve my problems. Parents are not a possibility due to limitations of this world

@onlookerdelay I'm happy. None of those things are bad. We've just been sold this bullshit dream that's bullshit.

When was the last time a financial advisor told someone is would be ok to take the 10% penalty on their 401k withdraw to avoid 30 years of mortgage interest worth 10x that penalty?

@onlookerdelay Yes. If u go to school full-time, spend a lot of time there anyway away from home. Or the lib to study.
Your parents will hardly see u.

If u do something technical, quickly get a part time school job in the comp lab, anythinf putting pcs together,

even if low pay as is a start of resume building.

Just be on the lookout for other opportunities.

@onlookerdelay Have you considered other options? I’m not in the tech industry, but it seems that a lot of people just get certifications for coding, programming, etc. It’s likely that you could get your foot in the door relatively inexpensively.

@vessels I’ve been doing some research and it seems like because the market is flooded with people with certs most hiring managers don’t want to employ them because they have huge gaps in their skills a lot of the times. I want to make sure there’s no excuse not to hire me from a credential standpoint