Is it worth it to hire an appraiser for Total loss stolen vehicle ?

croseb92

My husbands car was stolen. 2021 camaro zl1 with only 8554 miles. They are offering me way below the actual car value my car was in excellent condition even on Kelly blue book the value of the car is worth 8-9 k more then what they are offering me on Craigslist OfferUp and even Facebook the car is going to 15 k more then what they are offering me. She is giving me comp vehicles with 20k miles and 30k miles and the comps I’m giving her she is saying is not acceptable because they are not in a 150 mile radius of where I live, THEY ARE DISCOURAGING ME. But I don’t want to give up. I’ve looked around online and seen that it would possibly be a good idea to hire an appraiser for vehicles that are stolen.They want to charge me $950 dollars but they are telling me the vehicle with the comps they’ve found are around 13k more then what they are offering. Has anyone ever been in this situation and does an appraiser actually help the situation?or is it better to continue to fight it alone?

@croseb92 There's something not adding up if there's that large of a difference in value. Throw out KBB because it garbage. They should be giving additional compensation in valuation for the comps that have more miles than yours. It sounds like there could be an error, or two on the valuation report since the gap between prices you see and their offer is so large. Asking prices isn't selling prices. They search databases for what cars like yours have actually recently sold for in your region. Go over it with a fine tooth comb making sure, year, trim, options, etc is correct. While they likely can't find one in EXACTLY like yours in every detail, adjustments in value on yours, up or down, would be made to account for those differences.

@croseb92 Appraisal clause works, you will get more money. Will it be what you think it should be? Maybe, maybe not but it will get you more. See what it would cost to get one and consider if it’s worth it. I worked on the appraisal clause team at a large carrier a few years ago and we lost almost every appraisal clause.