Is it legal to let parents use my Credit card for groceries and petrol?

@chenoodles The bank doesnt care who use it as long it not flagged. Also i recommend CIMB.

Im using Maybank atm and get cashback on buy sport item which i dont want it. I want CIMB for leisure item(petrol, gorcery…etc)

@chenoodles Erm, technically it's one of those "if you ask then it's not legal" question.

But I have applied a few cash back cc for my parents daily use, so far it has worked out amazingly well. Cny give one big cash angpao, remaining months of the year spend on cc, around rm30 cashback monthly, exactly what I needed really.

@chenoodles It's not illegal. But we have to ask what happens if they lost it and didn't bother to tell you, and by the time you find out someone's already maxxed the limit. And you'll be liable for that.

Banks don't care. You sendiri wreck your own credit score saja. One credit card maxxed to the limit is nothing more than a to be paid debt on their books. You on the other hand....

I strongly suggest a supplementary card, with the monthly limit set to a reasonable number. Don't give a rm10k limit card for petrol for motorcycle.