Is gross income 100,000CAD yr good enough to raise a family in B.C.?

@wviolet With a family of 5 with children too young to go to school, needing to get into a rental big enough for 5 (3bed at least) at current market prices?

@dougthebicycle Life in generally quite a bit more expensive in Canada, if you are coming from the states. We lived in Vancouver for a bit, family of 4 with 2 young kids. To put it into perspective, My income was a little less than 400k and we left as there it was way too expensive.

@jonyx That’s the maximum though. It’s income tested, he’s not getting the max with a family income of $100K. Maybe a quarter to a third of the max per kid, tops. Still a reasonable amount.

@bisi007 Regardless people love to say income and that's all, well there's RRSP, child tax, bonuses and company shares, benefits, especially at a company that pays 100K annually. That's large sum and I get annoyed when people discourage others. I have friends that make very little and somehow manage to live in Vancouver and save money, it's not impossible nor when your family is over the median average family income.

@dougthebicycle It's definitely possible to manage on $100,000 even in the Vancouver area, I would suggest looking at secondary suites to rent. You'll find rentals in the Vancouver area listed on Craigslist while most of the rest of the country uses Kijiji more.

Housing costs vary greatly with the Toronto and Vancouver areas being the most expensive.

@jaymes >In 2019, British Columbians working full-time earned an average weekly wage of $1,156.10, compared to the national average of $1,159.29.

I was expecting BCers to make more than average, not less. Wild.

@dougthebicycle The fuckery is this? You flexin? You even got 3 young kids. Welcome to Canada. Those 3 kids brings in free govctt money you can set as payment for rent/mortgage. Plus your $100k a year. Your good to go. Mother flacker flexer. Gtfo.

Bitch as these commenting $100k is not enough. Don't fuckin bs me. I'm 40k a year in Vancouver and it's enough. You guys need to drive a lambo? You got boat memberships? Bitch ass complainers if you can't budget $100k then you ain't got no clue about budgeting $40k a year in the lower mainland and yes I rent I don't own a house bitch asses bitch bitch complainers. $100k is another level. Respect the $100k bitches.

@recall Hey, thanks for your comment.

I did't mean to be rude nor flexing.

I honestly have this doubts, that money is a lot in my country, but I didn't know how about Canada. Sorry if by any means I offended you.

I just want to have enough information in order to make a good decision.

@dougthebicycle This guy’s either a troll or a bachelor who has no clue how much it costs to have a family in Vancouver. Also I’m assuming you’d like a decent quality of life in Vancouver, which this guy clearly does not care about.