@champ1987 2.6% is kinda low in my opinion. I use a capital one 360 performance savings account and get 4.35% interest. I believe there is also higher at other banks.

@champ1987 I might be reading your post wrong, you are getting 2.6% per month or per year? Capital One offers 4.35% per year with it paying out monthly which would in turn compound month after month.

@algernon22 Oh same... per year but paid per month. Man I think the best way is just trying to find new job and get raise while moving....

Current job market is harsh unfortunetly

@champ1987 If you are in the US no, Fidelity money market which is same as cash is at 5%. Not a bond. Not sure about other countries but there will be basically no “compounding” because it is so low

@michael1958 You either a bot spreading misinformation or just plain not informed.

How interest compounds so does the interest rates from previous years.

7% Figure follows the peak of June peak of 9.06% from 24 months ago instead of 12 months.

@champ1987 Online account , lending club pays 4.65% APY. no minimum balance, free STAR ATM.

Don't lock your money in a CD if you might need it- you'll lose the interest if you won’t hold it until it matures.