jr54669

Hey guys, so today I’ve seen 2 posts here about E-bucks, and I’m wondering if it’s really worth it?

I currently bank with Nedbank, which has greenbacks but it’s not so good.

So in E-bucks really worth it? And is it hard to level up ?

Thanks

Edit thanks for all the replies , I’m going to change to FNB now :)

@jr54669 I find it worth it, only debt I have is my homeloan. Still figuring out the latest changes however in the past I was doing well and bought my ps5 with ebucks. Also use the airport lounge, kauai and Starbucks.

@dfomin Over and above what the others are saying, what helps us on the earning side is that my wife has a "joint" Fusion account with me, so all our expenses and swipes are earning ebucks on the same account. We work together to get the primary account on level 5, each month (it's actually easy) and our purchases, petrol, etc are earned on that.

It also helps that I have moved other services to the bank and earn up to 15% back on them, I thus "pay less" every month on those. It doesn't feel like a compromise to have moved things over to FNB, for example, insurance with them has been great, based on the service I have received and what I'm paying compared to my previous service providers.

From what I remember over the last year, my petrol (R8-R10 per liter on the old rewards system) was my biggest return as both of us earn at the max rate each month (car loan is with Wesbank). The new virtual card petrol boost makes it more difficult since she cannot tap to pay from a virtual card since her FNB app isn't linked to the primary earning account.

@jr54669 There's a bit of learning once a year, but I think it's worth it. On average my wife and I make about R3500 a month without spending in a weird way to achieve this. It depends a lot on which account you have. On PC, by buying groceries at Checkers, buying electricity and paying rates through Clicks, and then buying fuel at an Engen, we make about R2500 a month. The other R1000 is made up of spend-to-earn ebucks. This ignores the extra benefits from Kauai, Starbucks, and Wimpy. Let me add though, it is losing its appeal as they tighten up. Discovery is looking more appealing each year..