Is Certas insurance ripping ppl off???

phphavok

Just got my new updated policy last week and insurance provider wants to up my insurance on my Jeep by 27 a month over 300 a year for no reason! No tickets no infractions WTF??? Is this normal …. I received 2 other quotes which came back a lot lower

@phphavok I don’t deal with certas, but pretty much every company I do work with has raised their rates this year, some pretty significantly. So yes, it definitely happens and they’re allowed to do it, but shopping around is a good idea. It’s really all you can do

@shiftybroccoli Don’t have the policy here at work but over 300+ a year … my wife and I get ripped off every time we go to the grocery store now we need to get screwed over by our insurance company?? Ppl just don’t have endless bags of money 💰 laying around :(

@phphavok Yes. I'm trying to get an idea. 300 a year is different for a 900 dollar a year policy vs someone with a 3000/year policy.

Prices are going up. The parts needed to repair during claim cost way more now. It's a cascading effect.

@phphavok Percentage matters. If you're already paying 250 a month, that's a 12% increase. Steep, but not unheard of. And not as bad as a 10/mo increase for someone paying 50/mo.

@phphavok As a previous person said, almost all of them have had increases. Call around, especially to a broker and tell them the truth. Lying will only hurt you.

@phphavok The insurance industry is seeing massive amounts of thefts and claims. Some insurance companies are hit harder than others. It's not a personal thing to you, even though I know it feels like it is.

@qian Yes is 100% correct ✅ and I now know as I drive a Wrangler and was told by my insurance broker today. But I was able to get them to adjust my rate to drop 145 off the 300 increase so it’s better than nothing I guess.