Is a pension really worth it while trying to clear £15k credit card debt?

@asuheel24 As well as the tax implications, I would also quite bluntly tell you that you probably haven't changed (yet). It's good that you've chosen to make the first steps but while I know nothing about you, your spending probably comes down to your personality making you susceptible to debt and it can take anywhere between 3-10 years to effectively put coping methods in place so that you never regress again.

I applaud your efforts but you must recognize that right now you are at your most vulnerable and taking out your pension may just result in you still being in 15k debt but now with no pension as well. You will regress and slide down multiple times and that's OK because we all do in our areas of weakness but you don't want to put yourself in a worse place by tempting yourself with your pension too.

@asuheel24 As someone who is still having to work at 68years old I can tell you with all my heart that you should put your pension first after food and lodging. Pension contributions grow exponentially over time and the earlier you put in savings the bigger the impact that they will have in the future.