IPO - D.M. WENCESLAO & ASSOCIATES, INC (DMW)

hollymartin38

Please be informed of the initial public offering of D.M. WENCESLAO & ASSOCIATES, INCORPORATED (DMW) with the details as follows:

Offer Price : Php12.00 per share

COL just released an IPO subscription registration for DMW from June 11-19, 2018. I checked their website and they are a construction company.
  • Any thoughts on this?
  • Will you be participating in the IPO?
  • Why or Why not?
  • Is 12.00 for the initial offer per share a reasonable price?
UPDATE: I registered for 1,000 shares but I was only allowed to have 200. I'll update you guys soon.

@hollymartin38 Please please please for those who are new: out of ALL the IPOs last year, only WLCON was ok, the rest were useless. Okay, maybe PIZZA to but it has since then fell back. A lot of corporations do IPO to settle debts. As a technical/momentum trader, I'd avoid it, unless you truly believe in the company and has inner knowledge of its workings.

@superdadsuper I'm still considering this one. Since they are riding the build, build, build project of Duterte. I'm hesitant because of the lack of projects. There will be an analysis report of their expenditures that will probably be released within the week so stay tuned.

I profited as a Day Trader for CLC's IPO though.

@hollymartin38 Del Monte deferred their IPO because the market isn't to their liking. I assume this would not fare well too. Even CLC tanked for a looong time. I've heard nothing from groups about this, saw it lang on COL.

@dante87 Speaking of..talagang full front pagr ad sa business section ng PhilStar sila kahapon.. proud of their profits daw latest financial year.then on page 3, may chenes na news something bad about them. Haha. Gotta upload picture later.

@hollymartin38 Parang gusto ko tuloy. I haven't tried to buy an IPO ever. Nabasa ko nilabas na Field Notes kanina ng COL. Mukhang okay sya. Laki ng lupa nila sa Aseana City. Eh maganda development dun ngayon lalo na in the future. Kaso wala nakong funds. I don't want to touch my Emergency Fund naman. Iniisip ko tuloy kung isesell ko yung isang stock ko at 9% loss para ipondo dito.

@pubnum Not to belittle April (shes really good), but her COLing the shots are underperforming now. Like everything you read and digest, take everything with a grain of salt, and do you own due dilligence.