Inward Remittance from Foreign Employer

@robertven Thanks a lot for the reply. My employer pay salary to all the employees from his company account I guess that is the reason, I asked him about Transferwise but he said it is easier for him to wire it from his company account.

@lucianne I am in a similar position and am using IOB. Their conversion rates are great (only Rs. 0.3 below the current market rate) and the charges are 150+GST and some GST on the actual currency conversion (that you can claim as an input credit and use it if you later have a situation where you have some GST liability).

The internet banking isn't the best, but it does the job.

@healmyheart It has been very easy. I opened the account with a small branch so the manager is very happy to have a good account is very helpful with everything. The net banking doesn't have the best UI, but what it has is enough for regular use.

@lucianne For the best conversion rate, check SBI and HDFC. I am using HDFC for the same purpose. If you upgrade your HDFC savings account type say to classic,imperia... you will get additional few paisas along with that day's price.( Like for classic account I am getting 25 ps/GBP additional).And charges also less compared to CITI.