pharmasmita

Hi there

I'm about 2 years into my finance jurney so still quite new and in the past 2 years I managed to contribute to my 3 Säulen Konto. All is in a active managed fond with Raiffeisen called:

Raiffeisen Futura II - Systematic Invest Balanced -V-

I dont like the current active managed fond, becose the cost basis is really high and i think there is also a bond allocation of 30% OR SO, and i wanna go 100% in stocks. I did decide to invest in this fond 2 years ago, back then i had hardly any financial plan.

In the last 2 years I have built a personal Investment portfolio separate from my 3-te Säule Konto and invest mainly in really well diversified ETF mainly into this:

Ishares Core MSCI World UCITS ETF- USD Acc

What is the best provider to manage your own money in the 3-te Säule account?

How can I transfer my current balance out of this garbage active managed Raiffeisen Fund and save thousend of dollars in fees?

I'm looking at a yearly cost of 0.20% or something similar.

Ideal i want to invest the 3t Säule Konto into the same ETF as my personal Portfolio or something similar.

For Context, in the 3te Säule account there is currently a balance of roughly 18'000 CHF.

Thanks for your help

@pharmasmita You can open an account with Viac or Finnpension ( see this article for a comparison), they will provide a form to transfer your other 3a accounts balance over to this new account. It's quite simple.

As your funds are currently invested, it might take a bit more time to transfer, and you will probably lose a bit in fees when they sell your shares.

Then you can choose an investment plan on either Viac or Finnpension (or any other provider) and start from there.

With Viac there's an "exchange day" when your available funds are invested into the products you chose. There are a few questions at the beginning to asses your risk tolerance, but you are free to choose a different investing profile from what they suggest.

Hope this helped!

@pharmasmita I feel you... I also chose to create and invest my 3A by Raiffeisen and it was a bad idea (it is my bank and by facility yI opened it there) :
- bad performing funds (for example, way too heavy in Roche stock; I am stuck DCAing up until I'm back in green);
- TER and buying fees way too high (and linked to this the next point);
- it takes 30 f*cking days to sell (for example, at BCGE it takes 2-3 days)
I wanted to get out at the beginning of 2023 while in the green but when I learned that it took a month to sell, I withdrew my sell order.
If I can one day get out while positive, I will open an account at yuh/finpension/viac

@pharmasmita Just make sure you use the tax savings to reinvest. If you only invest a set amount of money regardless of tax savings and the tax savings are just lying around then its much more financially beneficial to just invest the money yourself and ignore 3rd pillar

@nathaneal nono i max out 3rd pillar and invest arround 3000-3500 in my personal portfolio on top of that.

I hold a 3 month emergency fund for rainy days, the rest is invested on a 3 month basis.

@anniew
  1. If you dont have ausweis C you need to calculate your taxes because you will probably lose money. You can deduct 3a from taxes but only if you file for regular tax filing, then you will always have to save up for and fill out your taxes like every swiss person. You can calculate what your specific tax burden would be but depending on your wages, family situation, deductions, canton and municipality, the tax burden will probably be higher with normal taxes and max 3a deduction than with taxes at source
  2. If you invest 7000fr lets say the tax burden will be 2000 less. If you reinvest those 2000 you will get ahead.
  3. If you only invest 7000fr in stock regardless then the difference between 3a and private investment after 40 years will be conservatively at the very least be 200k chf. Think about it, would you rather pay tax now or after the value of your stocks has appreciated?
If someone tries to sell you 3a knowing you dont have C and showing no effort to see if the tax filing is worth it for you (id guesstimate its not worth it for at least 80% of people) then hes either a moron or a scammer