karinac721

I was on /r/investing and came across a post about Cool ETFs but I noticed that for a lot of them I couldn't invest in them. So I thought I would make one for my European brethren and sistren. I will start with a few that caught my eye.

iShares Global Clean Energy UCITS ETF (IQQH)

First Trust Cloud Computing UCITS ETF Acc (SKYE)

L&G ROBO Global Robotics and Automation UCITS ETF (ROBO)

L&G Cyber Security UCITS ETF ( ISPY )

iShares Genomics Immunology and Healthcare ETF (IDNA) [sup]+Only on LSE[/sup]

Xtrackers Artificial Intelligence and Big Data UCITS ETF 1C ( XAIX )*

WisdomTree Artificial Intelligence UCITS ETF USD Acc (WTI2 )*

[sup]\[/sup]Haven't properly DD these 2 yet. That's why they are both on the list)

You guys have anymore you would like to share that I have to check out?

Edit: The IDNA on LSE is iShares MSCI North America UCITS ETF,not iShares Genomics Immunology and Healthcare ETF. Still one to check out if you have ways of buying it but not relevant for most Europeans

Another thing people have been asking me is how I define cool or interesting. For me its ETFs from an industry or subsections of an industry that I have an interest in but more importantly that I think will continue to grow for the next 5-10 years. It should also be ETFs that I think most people are not looking at enough.

@paulmoore I bought into it later last year, still 43% up for me.

I generally think - no matter who governs anywhere in the world - that clean energy will be one of the more important sectors for the (near) future and has massive growth potential

@ypjallday Yeah exactly. My philosophy on it is that if clean energy collapses as an industry the world (and me) has bigger problems than me losing a bit of cash. If things go well, it can only continue to explode.

@paulmoore I agree with you. IShares Global Clean Energy has been doing very well for me since last summer. L&G Clean Energy is also interesting, as it is an accumulating ETF (unlike the iShares one), and this often has tax advantages.

@stephen2987 Quick question, where are you buying ETFs?

I'm using Revolut for tradint but there aren't any ETFs there, will they offer them in the future? Should I change the application?

@purplegengar I'm using Trading212, it has a fair number of ETFs listed and is very cheap. I will probably move to Interactive Brokers once my portfolio grows enough because they have a longer track record and give me access to a wider variety of listings.