interest on money

flourish

salam

my bank does not allow me to remove interest from my account type, and i cannot change my account type. in the event i have £21 I deposit £10 and the bank adds £1 interest, is it permissible for me to donate the £1 out of my own money that i haven’t deposited, so i do not have the sin of the interest, so, at the end i have £21, as i did to begin with.

basically if this is hard to read then i am sorry but if i have £21 and i deposit £10 and the bank adds £1 making the total £22, is it permissible to donate £1 from the money i haven’t deposited, leaving me with £11 in my bank and £10 physically, or do i need to donate the £1 added to my bank, so i have £11 physical and £10 in my bank?

jazakallah

@flourish I believe you can donate the amount of interest received from any source you have ownership of. e.g bank gives £1 interest to your account, you then donate £1 from the cash in your wallet

@flourish Yes you can donate it. As I understand it, that 'donation' cannot be used to feed the needy, but to cover expenses for example. Charity organisations have 'interests' as one of the donation options and they will deal with it accordingly. I trust uwt.org for their 100% donations policy.

@flourish Your example isn't clear. So if you're gaining say 5 $ in interest for every 100 $ you've kept in the bank. You'll have to donate the 5 $. BUT you also need to intend you won't be getting any reward for doing so. Because it wasn't your money and is haram in the first place. Be careful with the intention.