Interactive brokers new T&C

zebina

Hello,
I am sure many of you heard about the change to T&C of interactive brokers (T&C #24). This change would allow IB to lend your fully paid shares in a cash accout to be lent out to any short seller without needing your consent.

Would this change render IB haram to use or am i missing something?

Heres what I was refering to " You consent to IBLLC and its Affiliates undertaking, or otherwise engaging in, stock lending activity and the lending of your
collateral, securities or other property (including, but not limited to, safe custody investments) including, but not limited to, using your collateral, securities or other property for their own accounts or for the accounts of other clients, and lending, either to themselves, to their Affiliates, or to others, any of your collateral, securities and other property held by IBLLC in your IBUK Accounts. Pursuant to Applicable Law, IBLLC or its Affiliates may, from time to time and without notice to you, deposit all collateral, securities and/or other of your property with third parties and may pledge, re-pledge, hypothecate or re-hypothecate, all your collateral, securities and/or other of your property, either separately or together with other securities and/or other property of other clients of IBUK, IBLLC or their Affiliates, for any amount due to IBUK, IBLLC, their Affiliates or other persons, in any IBUK Account in which you have an interest. IBLLC or its Affiliates, may so pledge, re-pledge, hypothecate or re-hypothecate of your collateral, securities and/or other property without retaining in IBLLC's or its Affiliate's possession or under its control for delivery a like amount of similar collateral, securities and/or other property and IBLLC or its Affiliates may return to your collateral, securities and/or other property other than the original, or original type of, collateral, securities and/or property that you deposited with IBLLC. Collateral that is registered with a third party may not be in your name. "