Insurance

bhayes

Help!! I was driving without insurance and was involved in an accident. Not at fault. The lady that caused the accident was in the fast lane and braked suddenly. This caused 3 other cars to hit each other. I was the last vehicle in this fiasco. Thankfully no one rear ended me. The car in front of me had minor damage to his rear. I don’t know what to do. I need to get my car fixed asap. Do I file a claim with the lady’s insurance? Or am I S.O.O.L?

@bhayes You say not at fault. I’ve got bad news for you. You are the last car in a rear end accident. I can’t image facts of loss that put the first car at fault. Other than brake checking and you’d need them to admit to it basically.

I’m afraid you might be the proximate cause here. You don’t have insurance so I’ll assume the reason for that is financial.

Are you judgement proof? No assets, limited income? Appearing judgement proof is likely your best defense. A court won’t look well on rear ending cars without insurance.

Appearing judgement proof doesn’t mean commit crimes by hiding assets, it is an angle I would push though.

Good luck