insurance exam p&c

hammerrock

hello i am currently working a job that has only a week to learn all materials given to you. we are using exam fx and have to take the insurance property & casualty exam next week. im a bit nervous because i learn differently and need more time to retain the information given to me. i did look a few practice exams but i was interested on tips on note taking & tips for taking the virginia insurance property &casualty’s exam and also what to grasp the concept of the most. i do study the information on my own time outside of work. To my understanding they have 104-106 questions on the exam and i need a 70 to pass and if i dont i would have to take it again.

@hammerrock taking bunch of practice exams helps. honestly, when i did mine 10+ years ago there was no online option. after the required 52 hours, I took a 1 day exam prep class which was basically a cram course and it trains you to take and pass the test. took the exam the day after. I learned absolutely nothing about insurance but i passed the test and learned the underwriting stuff on the job.

They still have exam prep classes but im sure they are online now mainly versus in person. Ends up being alot of memorization of the practice test questions because alot questions are similar or a variation of it

@hammerrock Not in VA, But what helped me was kind of a DIY audio textbook. I recorded myself reading key parts of chapters and also the test questions. Then played it back while walking or exercising. Got tired of my own voice though. But reading the material aloud helped me learn it. Passed on the first try. Good luck!

@smashers21 i was really considering this i do like to listen to audio books, music and podcasts that are informational the only problem is i only have 7 days to work on things. I would definitely get tired of talking and hearing myself talk but thank you so much!

@hammerrock YW - if you are in a class with others, quizzing each other may help. I actually had my then- teenage son help with my "homework!" Edit to add, this may help. I have no connection to this host or program: insuranceexamqueen.podbean.com

@smashers21 I am a recent high school graduate i am 19, so this is definitely helpful given that it is little math involved. I wish i was comfortable and asking people to quiz me. That would definitely work and help alot

@hammerrock Got my P&C in Virginia a couple years ago, tested in Alexandria at a testing center, they check everything including under your belt buckle and give you a locker to put everything into, phone must be turned off.

The test is easy but after a while the words blur together and you gotta give yourself a chance to reset.

Good luck!